Wednesday, 29 October 2014

First impressions and swatches of Makeup Revolution London palettes

So.... I ordered my first eyeshadow palettes from a little known company called Makeup Revolution London. This is a drug store makeup brand and literally retails for £1 onwards. I saw these palettes on Jabong and wanted to try them out. I ordered 3 of them - Essential Mattes, Redemption Hot Smoked and Lock & Load.



Their Iconic 1,2 and 3 are supposedly the almost exact dupes for the Urban Decay Naked 1,2 and 3 Palettes. But since I was not very into the Naked Palettes, I did not order the Iconic ones. Anyways, I did not have eyeshadows that are neutral in colour but non-shimmery. If you go to buy eyeshadows in India, all you find is shimmery stuff. Blingy eyes are ok for parties and weddings, but on a day to day basis, you need something mattes. All this explanation was for why I ordered the essential mattes palette. Nuff said...
So I ordered these from Jabong and was feeling pretty smug about it as I had scored a 33% off deal. The bigger palettes were Rs.1200 each and the smaller one was Rs. 990. So my bill would have to be Rs. 3390. But I got these for Rs. 2423 including COD charges. The next day, I decided to check out the official site for this brand and its www.makeuprevolutionstore.com . They have option of converting the price of the products you're seeing in your currency. So naturally I saw in INR how much the vost was... well, it was Rs. 400.46 each for all the three palettes. So I ended up paying double the amount of money for them. Anyways, I figured I don't have anyone coming down from UK so jaane do... And I hoped for a decent quality as a compensation. 
Well, I have to say, for the price that you pay for these they are not bad at all... Actually,  they are quite good. The shadows themselves have good pigmentation and they last a really long time.. I wore them for a family gathering and returned after lunch, slept for 3 hours in the afternoon wearing them and they were mostly intact... Hmm... so they are actually long wearing.. 

My swatches and thoughts for these palettes are as follows:

1. Redemption Palette Essential Mattes:

  • Palette itself:







Respective swatches without primer


The Mattes Palette is the weakest in terms of pigmentation of most of the eyeshadows. The darker eyeshadows appear to have a sheen to them and are better than the pure mattes.


2. Redemption Palette Hot Smoked


Palette itself










Respective swatches without primer





This is one awesome Palette... The darker shadows have the appearance of foiled eyeshadows. The pigmentation of the most of them is pretty awesome. Just when I was swatching them, they wouldn't easily come off my fingers ... The colours are very festive and party-friendly.


3. Awesome Eyebrow and Eyeshadow Palette Lock & Load

  • Palette itself






















Respective swatches without primer



This Palette is also good. The pigmentation is equally good as the Hot Smoked Palette. The coppers, browns, greens and blues are great. The last two shades in slightly bigger pans are the eyebrow powder and are swatched above the eyeshadows. They appear to be the weakest link of the lot..



My final thoughts:
I think. even at the inflated price that we have to pay in India for these products, these eyeshadows are pretty good to begin stocking up your collection. 




No comments:

Post a Comment