Tuesday, 25 March 2014

A totally kickass smoothie...

I made this great smoothie with whatever I had at hand. And the best part is.. it so nutritious.... Don't believe me? Just wait till you hear the ingredients....
Ingredients:
● 1/2 a bunch spinach, cleaned and blanched
● 1/2 or 3/4th apple cut into small cubes
● I used guava juice straight out of a carton, you can use orange or any other juice with no added sugar or preservatives.
My spinach was left over from the previous day when I had made soup. I had frozen the remaining portion. It also had a little black pepper, salt and cumin powder. Believe me, these things just enhanced the flavours...
Ok, so for making this smoothie, I put all these ingredients in the blender andddd..... blended away like nobody's business... Voila... smoothie ready...
Dont add ice cubes if your spinach is frozen like mine was.. But otherwise do whatever makes you happy... The best part is you know there are lots of vitamins, antioxidants and iron going in your body to make it stronger and raising your immunity...
All the best...

No comments:

Post a Comment