Friday, 14 February 2014

Orders from Amazon and Ebay...

Hello. ...
Its been too long that I've written something.  It was because my cousin was getting married and she's the closest thing I have to a sister (I have a younger brother). So I had devoted myself to that 'noble' (haha) cause... I can still hear my husband cribbing about how much money I spent (wasted) on clothes, jewellery, blouse stitching, accessories and what not... But I tell you, totally worth it.... My sister looked like a million bucks.. She ought to, she was the bride.. But even I looked worth a few hundred thousand... Not baddddd.....
So to get to our subject today... I was looking for some long necklaces to wear at the wedding... I searched so hard... at so many places.. But the cost was not justified at all... I mean come on, Rs. 7000/- for a necklace that I wont wear again... Then I saw this necklace called 'mango mala' on www.ebay.in . And it was just about Rs. 490/- . I thought why not.. With shipping, I paid Rs. 520/- . Of course, this order came from within India... and was delivered within 10 days... It came securely packaged the the earrings came with extra rubber backs... Wore this with my nauvari saree and it looked fabulous. (Check out my photo on fb ;))
The second thing I ordered was from www.amazon.com . This year it is really cold and I especially felt my skin so itchy and dry.... My husband found this really cool deal on Bath & Body Works lotions. I am a huge fan of BBW products and have also gifted stuff from here to my friends and relatives. So this deal was to choose any 6 lotions for.... I guess $30ish... and the shipping worked out another $30... So $60 in total.... which works out to around Rs. 4000/- on a higher side.. Plus I paid another 520/- towards duty.... Still works out cheaper... Some BBW products are available on flipkart.com but they are individually priced at Rs. 850/-  to Rs. 1300/- depending on the scent. Also I got some scents not available over here.
My only complaint is the time it took for the parcel to arrive. It took over 4 weeks. I could track the parcel on USPS within 3-4 days of ordering and it showed that it'd reached San Francisco Airport but then nothing.... So I guess, all the delay was at our Foreign Post Office. Ahh.... the Indian red tape... Anyways, my parcel arrived with extra packaging from Indian Post. So I guess they opened it up... but the individual bottle wraps were not opened... You can see only 5 bottles as I gave one to my sis, the one who got married...

All in all, I'm happy with Amazon and Ebay and would highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment