Tuesday, 20 August 2013

My quick makeup routine

Hello all beautiful people,
We all live such fast lives that who has the time and energy to apply makeup everyday, right?? Wrong! We should always spare a few minutes to groom ourselves. To look presentable and fresh-faced in front of our colleagues, staff, clients, friends.. Thats the basic courtesy.. Then you would say even if I do all that, by the time I reach office/college, its all a mess thanks to the great indian travel.. But cant we reach 5 minutes early and primp up ourselves.. (look who's talking, the late latif...).
So, today I will tell you my 5 minute routine to a very quick makeup. I recently discovered mineral makeup and decided to give it a try. And it does actually work wonders. I bought Bare Minerals get started kit and my makeup has been simplified so much.. What I routinely do is I do my 3 steps (i.e. Cleansing, toning, moisturising) immediately after shower. My bare minerals kit came with a primer called Prime Time. This is a transparent liquid which when spread on the face gives a smooth surface to the face. Then its the turn of the actual foundation. This comes in a powder form. There are 2 colours in my kit called medium and medium beige. I take a small amount of both the colours and do the swirl, tap and buff motion. And Voila.. My foundation is done.. 30 seconds flat.. Then I apply my creme blush Maybelline Dream Touch blush no.04 (mrp. Rs.375). The kit also comes with a dark colour for some warmth ( called Warmth :-/ ). But I dont apply this colour routinely and only use this for contouring (we'll talk about that later). Then its the original mineral veil applied in the same motion. This sets your makeup. A quick dab of kajal and lip gloss and I'm done...
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zdy576AWljk
This video shows the swirl, tap and buff motion.
I know you would say bare minerals are not available in India but you can use L'oreal mineral foundation powders equally well.
http://www.lorealparis.co.in/cosmetics/face/true-match-minerals/honey-glow.aspx#tab:profits
Basically, I'm in love with mineral makeup currently.. sigh sigh..
Try sheer cover instead.. A friend wore it to a professionsl photoshoot and the results were great..
Btw.. I found Bare Minerals get started kit on http://www.junglee.com/100%25-Pure-BareMinerals-Started-Complexion/dp/B002GQI6PC/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1377060914&sr=8-9&keywords=bare+minerals
I know the price quoted here is Rs. 6158/- but the dollar exchange rate has increased. I got my kit for $60 last year and there's not even a dent in it. It lasts and lasts and lasts..
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oEEbKl1sqb0 This is a video link for sheercover.  You can buy sheer cover at www.sheercover.in . The only problem (according to a few friends) is that sometimes this site automatically sends you kits monthly even if you dont want them.. Many other companies too make mineral foundations in powder form and since its mineral makeup, it doesn't harm your skin.
This is my everyday routine.. Get going guys.. Put your best face and smile forward..
Love,
Tfs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment